Thursday, April 2, 2015

Angel Peak



Having rested up and stocked our trailers with groceries, water and propane we set off for new territory. After a beautiful ride up rte. 550 from Bernalillo we turned into Angel Peak Rec. Area and made our way up the dirt road.  A free BLM campground with amazing views greeted us at the road’s end. It is an overlook of NM badlands. I thoroughly enjoyed our time there. The wind, the views, the sunrises and sunsets.  All of it, even the dust in the trailer  <g>.



For the most part we had the place to ourselves. Occasional hikers or photographers would make a brief appearance. One man stopped by my trailer to ask where the trail to the ridge was. He was astonished that I had not yet hiked it. As for me, I was happy just to sit and stare and take it all in that first morning. I wondered if the visitors who stopped for a quick photo would understand that.




Lest you think I spend all my days in a zen posture or reclining in my lounge chair; I should inform you that Anne and I did venture out onto the ridge. (pictured below)



We also hiked along the rims one day and Scruffy and I investigated different trails every morning. 

We also made our way into Bloomfield one day to do laundry and sample some barbeque. My pulled pork sandwich had a cherry chipotle dressing. High marks to “Serious Texas Bar-B-Q” and the Quick stop laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment