Sunday, March 29, 2015

Santa Fe, NM

We headed to Santa Fe for two reasons: Anne because she was to meet up for a visit with her sister who was flying in from Texas and me for my annual physical and checkups. Every nomad needs to have a domicile for govt. purposes. It is a place you say you intend to return to when your travels are finished. Mine is New Mexico. I prove that by registering my vehicles, paying my taxes, and getting my doctoring done in Santa Fe, where I have a mail box service.

We had fun hanging around Santa Fe. I have lots of great memories associated with Santa Fe where Upaya Zen Center is located and where I was a resident for 15 mos. before I took to wandering. I took Scruffy to meet some folks at the Zen Center and we walked one of the trails along the river.

He was especially fond of living in my friend Jane’s house for 4 days and playing with her cats and their toys. Apparently batting little balls and crinkly things around appeals to him. I’ll have to add that to Santa’s list.

I also enjoyed hiking with Anne and her sister Sue on one of the Dale Ball trails. After Sue left, Anne and I camped at Cochiti Lake for a few nights and hiked Tent Rocks.






On our final day we went to town for groceries and a green chili cheeseburger. If you ever get to Santa Fe do yourself a favor and get a burger at “Santa Fe Bite”.

No comments:

Post a Comment