Monday, March 16, 2015

Lost Dutchman State Park


We stopped here for an overnight but liked it so much we stayed a second night. As you can see the view from my sight was terrific.






Lost Dutchman is located quite near Apache Junction, AZ in the Superstition Mountains. It is a quiet, nicely laid out and well maintained state park. 



One day walking the nature trail we had a Cholla adventure. Scruffy had apparently gotten to close to a jumping Cholla and ended up with a “pod” attached to his nose and another on his back. He began to scream; which got my attention. As I attempted to restrain and quiet him, the pod on his face transferred to the back of my hand. Anne was wise enough to use his leash to wrap around the cactus on his back and pull it off and then also to remove the one on my hand. We used tweezers to remove the needles from both Scruffy and me and later, Anne.  I have included a picture that I took at a later date so you can see what a jumping cholla looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment